Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Last night, all over France, Rotary clubs went to the movies. The four Annecy clubs took over a screening room at Decavision- the big Annecy cinema. At the beginning the Rotarians talked for a while about accomplishments and things, and then we watched a 15 minute film talking about Rotary. It was nice enough, but it seemed a little unnecessary because everyone in that room already KNOWS all about Rotary. Then we watched Boudo, a French movie that hasn't opened in theaters yet. It was pretty good, but it was a comedy, so us exchanges had a difficult time understanding. Also, the main character had this really odd accent and I barely understood a word he said.


I've found out lots of news recently. I talked to my old host sister Marion before the movie started and found out that she got into the college shes been hoping for. Its it Montréal, and its a very competetive program, I'm so incredibly proud of her. When I'm a freshman in college I'm going to go up and visit her. I'm so happy we'll be on the same continent! Also, today, my current host sister found out what district she'll be living in in Canada next year, its a district right up next to Detroit, I think its called Cheltham or something. Finding out what town you are going to is such a big deal for an exchange student, we wait and wait and wait to find out the news, and then you finally get it and rush to the computer and find out all the info you possibly can. Looking at the form may be the first time you ever read the name of that place, but from that point on, that name will always, always been in your head for the rest of your life.