Friday, March 04, 2005

Another snowfall today, and all day long kids were hurling snowballs at each other across the streets. Schools getting back to normal now. Most of the grades from the big tests we just had have been given back, I got a 17/20 on my English test, which I'm pretty proud of, it means I got a 10/20 on the traslation part of it. And it was translating from English to French, with out a dictionary. French to English is no sweat, but the other way... much harder. The teacher told me my translation was better than most of the French kids, so I'm happy. I've been feeling bad for all my classmates, the big French test they took was sent to Paris to be graded, and it came back and they all got terrible scores, ranging from 14-2. I don't understand HOW someone can give out a 2! If you write an essay, and at least stay on the subject you should get a 50%. Thats not how it works here though. Only two kids in my class DIDN'T fail. I don't necessarily think that the work they do here is more difficult than the work we do back home, but I do think that the grading is much harsher. Poor Frenchies.