Monday, March 07, 2005

colombe gets hit by a car

When I left to eat lunch today the plan was to eat in a group with my friends Colombe, Hugo, Claire, and William, but then Colombe told me that Hugo (her boyfriend) wanted to eat alone in town with her, so our group seperated and Claire, William and I ate at the cantine. We had a relatively boring lunch, William taught me how to properly take the chunks of meat off the skewer (I try to hard, I need to be more gentle) and we discussed languages and other random things. We lined up to empty our trays and go outside when Colombe came limping up to us, announced that she'd been hit by a car and that she wasn't going to make it to the English test this afternoon. Then she left. She was in and out so fast that the three of us started laughing, we weren't really sure what happened. Then we tracked her down outside and she explained everything. She and Hugo were on their way back from eating in the vielle ville, they were at the crosswalk by our school, and about to cross, Hugo saw a car coming and backed up, but, clearly, Colombe didn't. The edge of the nose of the car hit her left side and sent her falling. Hugo flipped out and refused to look at her, he thought she was seriously hurt. Then she said Hugo was still in shock of it all and hiding in the library- William went off to talk to him. Claire and I waited with her in the nurses office until her mom came to pick her up and bring her to the hospital. Shes fine, but all of it freaked me out even though she was right in front of me talking about it and clearly is ok. What an exciting lunch.