Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but the tourists have really taken over Seattle. Its incredible. They are everywhere. There are most likely more people here that speak other languages than there are French people. We didn't have history so we were finished at 10 am. I had plans to meet with the other exchanges for lunch, so I had two hours to kill. Tannia and I hit the town with no plans, and, of course, ended up shopping. I told myself I wouldn't buy anything, but I ended up buy a t-shirt at Zara. It was cheap and it had French written on it, and its very hard to find shirts with French on them here, so I needed to get it. Then we met Molly at her school and met up with the other kids and ate lunch. Around Molly's school, I saw a bunch of kids who were were talking English, and looked very American, several were wearing shirts that said "Marquette" and "Wisconsin" on them, so I deduced that they were probably from Wisconsin. We were at Bonlieu, eating lunch and suddenly, a bunch of them came in. And somehow we ended up talking to a few. I was talking to one girl who asked "oh, so you here for an exchange too?"
Me:Yeah, I'm from Seattle.
Her: Oh thats cool, we're here for two weeks, what about you?
Me: Uh... like around 11 months.
Her: Oh. Wow. Are you like, staying with a family?
Me: Yeah, I've been here for seven months now.
Her: Oh My God. Seven months? I cried after like, three days of my host family!
Me: Oh. ok.
Her: So, have you been shopping?
Me: What? Have I gone shopping?
Her: Yeah, like, in the town?
Me: Umm... well, I've lived here seven months... so yeah.
Strange.