Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Still Counting...

Being an American in Europe has certainly made the election exciting. And annoying. I'm sick of people asking me about it, and even when I say my parents voted for Kerry they still feel that they need to spend the next hour or so explaining to me why they hate Bush so much. Oui, je sais que vous n'aimez pas Bush! Je comprends! Arretez, s'il vous plait! The big thing with me is that I don't want somebody else to tell me who wins, I want to find out for myself. So I've spent today, my last day of vacation, periodically going to CNN.com and checking election results. As I write this, we're still waiting to see what the deal is with Ohio, and even though nothing is "for sure" I'm getting the feeling that Bush is going to win. I also think that this election is going to take a LONG TIME to decide,its just so incredibly close. I wonder what school is going to be like tomorrow. Will people be asking me about it? Bothering me? Or will they not really care, and not bring it up? I'm sure my Histoire/Geographie teacher will talk about it, he has in pretty much every class I've been to of his. And he always asks me sarcastic questions about Bush and whether I support him and I never quite understand him and always mumble "oui?" or "non?" hoping that what I'm saying is the right thing.