Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Marathon

I have no school again today, because of the French kids taking tests! Yesterday I just had school in the afternoon- an English exam- I finished like an hour and a half before everyone else, even the other American, because I can't translate to French! I'm hoping I did everything else right though. The night before I slept at my host grandparents home, it was nice to be able to spend my morning watching BBC, which we don't get at my house. I watched hours of home makeover and antique shows, it was bliss. My host parents returned from NYC this afternoon, they had been gone for a week to go run the marathon and be tourists. They were both in extremely good moods when they came in, everything went well, they both finished (Catherine in 4:27:41 and Benoit in 5:03:19), they bought Marion her iPod, and their flight from New York to London was only six hours long. The New York Marathon really seems like a lot of fun, you'd see so much of the city- so much variety, really, its a great race for tourists because you cover everything. I have a half day of school tomorrow, like normal, and then no school Thursday- which is my birthday!