Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Grades

Who has the best overall moyenne in Première L? Yes, that'd be me. Your moyenne is your average grade, and my overall average is the best in the class- though everyone says I don't count because so many of my assignments didn't count. Whatever. I love the system though! It's very difficult to explain the French grading system, but I'll attempt. First off, all scores are out of 20. And anything over a 10/20 is passing. And considered very good, its really hard to get high scores- if you get a 14/20, you are overjoyed. I got a 12/20 in PE (EPS) and I am thrilled. Its practically impossible to get a 20/20. Its hard for an American to grasp why someone would be happy with getting a 12/20 (60%), but its just SO HARD that that's great. To get your overall grade, they just take the average- so since I only really did one assignment in French class and got 20/20 on it I have a perfect grade in that class. Anyway, here are my first trimester grades:
Anglais Lv1: 19.1
Anglais Renforcé: 19.3
SVT (Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre): no grade, i didn't do anything
Pysique-Chimie: no grade for this one either
Maths Informatique: 14, 4 points higher than the best French student!
Français: 20
Espagnol: no grade
Histoire-Geographie: 13,3
Education Physique-Sport: 12- AMAZING! I'm so proud, I'm the fourth worst ranked badmitton player in my class and still managed to pass my final!
Overall Moyenne: 17,1

Job well done. I love my teachers for being so nice and not giving me 0s for all the work I didn't do.

Andy and I keep finding more issues we need to get over, but we're getting through and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.