Saturday, November 06, 2004

Back To School

It was a little bit of a relief to go back to school, I had a great vacation, but the last few days I was sitting around doing nothing, and it was beginning to get to me. It was nice to go back, follow the schedual, see my friends and hear about their vacations. I think I learned alot of French over vacation, at least it seems like I'm understanding more now. I studied conjugations over break which has helped me, and I also watched a lot of movies most in French, some had subtitles, some didn't (Le Silence Des Agneaux, Dr. Folamour, Le Pianiste, Les Choristes, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Beethoven 2, The Virgin Suicides, Pearl Harbor, Le Grand Bleu). But going back to school meant I had to sit through people blabbing on and on about Bush in class. We talked for at least an hour about it in Histoire, and other classes too, and then of course people had to talk about it at lunch and at break and on the bus, and anytime they saw me. They know too much about the US, one boy was making some references to FDR and the New Deal even- why would a French boy know what the New Deal is? He told me its because hes crazy about the US, I believe it. Although it was nice to go back to school, I was very happy to discover that I get another mini-vacation. I don't need to go to school today (Saturday) or Tuesday and only in the afternoon Monday, because the French kids are taking exams, rather than have me sit doing nothing in a three hour French exam, I get to be home sleeping. I have to take the English one though.