Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Pre-Anniversaire

Today is the day before my birthday but it kinda served as my birthday at school because we'll all be sitting around at home tomorrow! Las Trois Mexicaines (the three Mexican girls, everyone just calls them that because its easier than saying Tannia, Yoly, and Tere) gave me this cool tissue paper flower thing they made and a drawing of us that said Happy Birthday in three languages and was folded into the shape of a shirt. Eric, Maite, and Molly bought me a white knitted ski cap and a hair tie- an attempt to make me more French. This afternoon Zara, Molly, Maite, and Eric and I all bought lunch at Quick (a French fast food restaurant, it doesn't live up to its name), the first fast food I've had here! And it was très cher and not really very good. Then we bought Pain au Chocolate and put candles in it and they sang me "Joyeuse Anniversaire". It was lots of fun and made me really happy. Tomorrow is the big day, but I don't think I'm going to be doing anything more than opening all the packages my relatives have sent me and sitting around waiting for my parents to call!