Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Pictures

Nothing much exciting has been going on, just daily life. I went to FNAC (big store with electronics, cds, books, photo developing, etc) yesterday and figured out how to make prints of some of my digital pictures. I've been using lower resolution on my camera so now when I order prints in order for them not to look pixilated I have to order mini 6cm by 8cm prints. I'll start using higher resolution now so I can get real ones! Its not cheap to get digital printouts at FNAC, but its cheaper than me buying disposable cameras and getting them developed- and this way I can choose what I want prints of. After school today Molly, the other American girl, and I went and did a little preliminary round of shopping for the big Thanksgiving feast we're going to attempt to prepare on Sunday. I'm not sure how it'll work out as neither of us have ever done this before and we'll be cooking for 13 people. Even if we burn the Turkey we'll still have fun- the whole reason we're doing this is to have a good time and celebrate a little. I also got my school pictures back today at school. Pictures were taken in the middle of the second week of school, and I wasn't aware that they were going to be taken. And they didn't have us fill out papers and order packages of pictures and pay them, so I was thinking I wasn't going to get them at all, but apparently we don't pay for them (must be built into tuition) and every kid gets a class picture, nine individual pocket pictures, and one bigger individual one. My picture isn't too bad this year- I've definetly had worse. And I'm so happy to have a picture of my class! And I'll get a yearbook when they come out. My school is the only school in the city that has yearbooks, so I'm pretty lucky. Except, you get your yearbook at the beginning of the next year, not the end of the year, so I'll have to have it mailed to me, its worth it though!