Wednesday, April 27, 2005

On Monday night I went over to my friend Hugo's house with a couple of other friends, to hang around, eat dinner, play video games, etc. But for me there was a whole other reason that I was there. After dinner Hugo and I sat down with his parents and we talked a while so I could get to know the family a bit and they could get to know me, and now unless something goes terribly wrong, I'm going to move in with them. Hugo asked his family a long time ago and they were ok with the idea, I just needed to meet them in order to get the process going. Now we're waiting to hear from Rotary. I talked to a Rotarian about it a few weeks ago and she said it'll be perfectly fine for me to live with them, Rotary just needs to tell them all the rules. I'm very excited to go live with them. I've had no real problems with my host family now, I know they love me and they've done so much for me, bringing me snowboarding, on trips to Lyon, etc. They've been so great to me. But, throughout the whole year I assumed I'd get three families, and was disappointed when I found out I wasn't going to be allowed to move. I'm only going to be at Hugo's for two months, but its the best two months for me to be there. Hugo's house is still about as far away as St. Jorioz, but its a little more accessable to Annecy because it uses a different bus line. Its a good time for me to go there because I know the entire month of June will be spent by my friends studying away for the Bac, which I'm not taking, so if I stayed here I'd be sitting home alone, feeling lonely, missing my French friends and American friends. This way, I'll always at least be around Hugo and his friends. I feel that this is a really great move for me, and I'm happy because I feel that it kinda validates my year. If I have made such good connections that I have friends that like me enough to allow me to live with them, this has all been amazingly successful. So thats my big news. I'll fill everyone in when I hear back from Rotary, and hopefully I'll have moved within the next two weeks.