Saturday, October 16, 2004

Weekend Plans

The computer broke again, but only for a few days this time so it wasn't so bad. Its finally the weekend, but I don't really get much of a rest, tomorrow I have to go to Grenoble with all the other exchange students and french kids who just got back from exchanges. We need to be there for a meeting of prospective outbounds. I think all I need to do is say my name and where I am from, then sit for hours. Marion needs to talk about her year in the US to them. This afternoon I'm busy too- though my plans have changed several times. As of yesterday I was going to go to my friend's house and then to watch her boyfriend play hockey, and then I was going to babysit. But the family I was going to babysit for cancelled and I can't go to my friend's house (I'm not sure why, she explained it but I didn't really get it. Her parents aren't at home so they can't drive us or something.). But I'm still going to the hockey game. When I found that out today I was nervous to ask Benoit, my host dad, if he could drive me both ways, it feels like I'm asking a lot, but he was totally happy and said he'd do it. I think my host parents will do anything if it means me spending time with French kids. This is the first real thing I've been invited to by a French kid, so its really exciting. I've never been to a hockey game, I hope I have fun!

Only one more week until vacation!! I am counting the days- a six day school week leaves no time for relaxation.