Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Did I mention that I ate crepes for dinner a few nights ago? Sunday night, after I talked to my parents, my host mom pulled out this big hot plate thing and put the bowl of batter on the table and we made our own crepes right there and ate them. We had them first with butter and shredded cheese, then dessert ones- either with butter, sugar, and smashed raspberries on top or just covered all over with melted chocolate. Yum. I am bringing that idea back to the US with me.

Schools been going great recently, I feel so accepted, and I really feel that I have friends. One odd sign of acceptance, but a sign nonetheless, happened today during Physique/Chemie. We did some lab, I still don't entirely know what we were trying to do, and we didn't actually prove anything- there were no results, but the important part is that every group (I was with my friend Colombe) had these bottles that shot water out when you squeezed them. So naturally, waterfights commenced whenever the teacher wasn't looking. Not everyone was involved, but I was- I got wet and all, which is good because it means that they feel comfortable with me.

My school has candy machines- how I wish I never discovered that. I don't usually buy stuff there, but some days, like today, the gauffres au chocolate are just too hard to resist. Every student at St. Mich is addicted to them- partly because they are delicious, and partly because they are the cheapest things- only 0.50€. They are waffles coated with chocolate on one side. So good. But I only had an apple and some bread and cheese for lunch, and I'll run, so I don't feel too guilty. Though I know I've gained weight- not much, a pound possibly, but all my muscles have dissapeared from lack of working out, Its not too bad yet, I'm the only one who notices.

I'm listening to music from KEXP right now, global music streaming is amazing. Its fun to hear them talk about the weather in Seattle and all.