Monday, August 16, 2004

Goodbye Party


goodbyeparty
Originally uploaded by frenchgirl11.
Yesterday was my goodbye party. Initially all of the exchange students at my school were going to have one big party, then we'd all have family parties, but we all got busy and could never find a day that we were all free to have it. Subsequently, I had to throw my own goodbye party. I decided I wanted to keep it small- its just too much stress to throw a huge one by myself- Who do I invite? Who will be mad at me if I forget to invite them? How would I amuse everyone??? I settled for a crowd of about 25, neighbors, family friends, and a handful of teenagers. I was a little freaked out that my friends from my high school and my old friends from Seattle wouldn't get along- or that the VHS kids would just overpower all the other ones, but it all turned out well- I don't give my friends enough credit, they are mature enough to handle that situation easily. I was surprised that people gave me presents, but I guess I should've expected that. It felt really good to just see all the people I care about all together. I'm really going to miss my friends.