Sunday, August 22, 2004

Finally!

Today is my LAST DAY in Seattle, and it feels really awkward- we're pretending that its a normal day but it clearly isn't. I'm pretty much done with packing and now its just little things that I want/need that much be jammed into them. I found out I don't have to go through customs in Paris which is a relief- I initially thought I'd have to go through customs in Paris, then in Geneva (since its not in the E.U) and then at the border going back into France. I'll still go through them when driving into France- but thats just a little border stop- like going into Canada from the US but faster.

I'm worried that my family won't be as into watching the Olympics as I am- it'd be very comforting to me to be watching the same thing in France as I would be back in Seattle, and I'll be annoyed if I can't see them! I was only able to watch half of the Olympics back at the Salt Lake City games because I went to Italy after the first week with my eighth grade class. We had to stay in a convent in Rome with no TV (much cheaper than a hotel).

I leave at 8:55 am to fly to Detroit. I'll arrive in Geneva at 4:40 pm (their time) the next day. Its over 24 hours of traveling- there MUST be an easier way!