Thursday, August 26, 2004

City Walks

If someone told me a year ago that I would be in France sitting around with Frenc kids at cafés, I so wouldn't have believed them, but here I am, doing that. Yesterday and today have been spent looking around the city of Annecy.Yesterday I tagged qlong with my host sister, Anne-Sophie, as she went around with her friends to shops and cafés. In the US when we were told that they all kiss eachother on the cheek I didn't understand that that means they kiss EVERYONE on the cheeks! Like I was at Anne-Sophies friend's house, we walked in and everyone kissed us, then when more kids came, they all kissed us too. The kids didn't even ask who I and why I was there, they just went ahead. In the US you don't enter a room and just randomly hug everyone, including people you don't know. Its different, but its good, they are very accepting.

Today the Australian exchange student, Zara, gave me a walkign tour of Annecy. She showed me all over the old town and down the canals and brought me to Sephora and H&M. The Old City is very beautiful and the canals are great. I know this sounds stupid- but everything isso very european. Like today, after my time with Zara, my host mother and I went to the Butcher shop in our little town of Menthon to get sausage for dinner. The shop was in an building hundreds of years old and had a line of people waiting to get their meat.

The computer has a virus that won't be fixed until Saturday so I can't check my email, if anyone emailed me, I'll get back to you soon!