Friday, May 13, 2005

Today was another exam day, I had just English in the afternoon. Last night I went and saw Tannia and Molly's Rotary Presentations, complete with cookies, guacamole, chips, lots of Mexican decorations, the singing of the US national anthem, and tequila. They both did a brilliant job, and I'm so proud of them! Mine is next Tuesday... it should be quite interesting, as I've been procrastinating a tiny bit and have barely begun. Thats what the weekend is for.

I assured my host family that I could find the bus stop and make it to Annecy in time for my test this afternoon, and got to sleep in and sit around all morning. I assummed that if I can take the bus to downtown Seattle, I can make my way from Pringy to Annecy. I was wrong. I ended up walking 10 minutes down the wrong road, and completely missed my bus. I called my friends and Hugo was astonished- how could I have possibly messed up something so easy? I felt like a little bit of a loser. Then I managed to misread the bus schedual too. I told my friends that there was no way I could make it to Annecy, because the next bus left when the test was supposed to begin. I went back to the house, got something to eat, looked at the schedual, realized I was wrong, and ran to the bus stop. My connecting bus was a little late but I managed to make it to St. Michel only twenty minutes after the test started. Not a problem though, I finished the test an hour before everyone else anyway.

Every day when we get home from school I sit down in front of the computer and Hugo sits down in front of the TV and plays video games on the X box before he goes to work. Now, he's started to teach me how to play Pro Evolution Soccer 4. Its extremely complicated, for me at least. You need to use almost all the little buttons and knobs on the controllers. After about 45 minutes today, I started getting the hang of it, and actually doing things right, which was extremely exciting for both of us... I may eventually turn into a worth opponnent for him.

Today is my host mother's birthday, a fact I learned yesterday. I'm currently debating on whether I should give her the gift my mom sent for Mother's Day today or not. Tonight my host sister, Emilie, who is at school to become an architect in Paris, will be coming home. I've never met her, so thats a little exciting. Colombe's also coming over for the night, so we'll have a pretty full house.