Sunday, May 22, 2005

I'm completely exhausted, this weekend has been too busy for me. On Friday I went out to dinner with Eric and his friends. Eric has two friends from Canada visiting Annecy for about a week, I ate lunch with them on Thursday and laughed like crazy, they are funny kids. And its extremely bizarre to hear Eric talking in English, he sounds different, and his sense of humor seems different in his native language. So on Friday night I went out and ate mexican food with Eric, the two Vancouver boys, the two mexican girls, maite, and eight of his French friends from school. We had a great night, eating lots of Chicken Fajitas and talking in a mix of French, English, and Spanish.

On Saturday, I got out of school to go sing at a wedding with my gospel choir. I personally didn't think we did a fantastic job, but we didn't ruin the wedding. It was just fun to be there, singing and hanging out with my friend Sophie. We ate a picnic lunch near la Visitation, a church in Annecy, and then spent the afternoon at St. Michel. We spent the afternoon doing a "workshop" where we worked more intensively on some songs, watched a gospel DVD, ate lots of food, etc. I thought I knew my school pretty well, but apparently I was wrong. We sang in the chapel, which I never even knew existed. It's located on the top floor of the old yellow school building, where the sixièmes have class. And its really, really nice, I was impressed.

Last night I came home and Colombe, Hugo, and I decided to go swimming. The day had been really hot, but the night wasn't really, and the water was 18°C, which is not warm. The others kinda dipped their toes in and whined about how cold it is, I ran and jumped in. Eventually they followed suit. After that we ate pizza and decided to play monopoly, and then realized that Colombe had the monopoly game at her house. We ended up playing Trivial Persuit, despite me protesting that I could never handle it. It turned out that none of us could handle it, and we probably got about five answers out of fifty questions right, so we ended up giving up.

My mom thought she broke our digital camera a while back by dropping it in some water, and my parents went and bought a new one, then realized the old one still works. (The story gets complicated here) My gospel teacher's daughter goes to school in Montana, and ended up staying at my house in Seattle earlier this week because she had a stopover. My parents gave the old camera to me, and now I have it. I took the camera with me this weekend and took lots of pictures of gospel and eating with Eric's friends, came home, and realized that the card reader doesn't work with this computer, for some reason. Also, the battery charger doesn't work, even with my adaptors. So it looks like all my wonderful weekend pictures will just have to wait on that card for a while... which is quite dissapointing.