Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Rotary Plans

This weekend I'm having my first Rotary Weekend- and I'm getting excited. In the Rotary weekends all the exchange students in my district (1780) get together somewhere and talk, do activities, etc. This time the weekend is here, on Lac d'Annecy, which is quite convenient for me! We will tour the Old Town, which I know like the back of my hand already- I walk through it everyday. But to all the kids in little backwards towns its going to be really cool. Then we get to take a boat tour around the lake, which will be amazing, I can't wait for that.

I've also heard that in the Spring we have a big celebration. All the Rotary Exchange Students in France get to go to Paris for three days to celebrate Rotary's 100th Birthday. We get to have a big meeting under the Eiffel Tower. Doesn't that sound amazing? When I hear about things like that I have to pinch myself and see if I'm really here and that what I'm really going to be doing. Another thought comes to mind: where will they put all of us?? There have to be hundreds of Rotary kids in France, where will we all stay?