Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Cookies

At the beginning of science class today a boy in my class walked up to my desk and placed a stack of six oreos on it, said "a present" and hurried to his desk. Everyone was watching and murmuring so I put the cookies in my backpack. At first I was confused, wondering what was so exciting- then I remembered they don't HAVE oreos in France. And then I wondered who they could be from- I hadn't said more than five words to the boy who gave them to me, and I was certain he was just a messenger. And then I realized they must be from my friend Sophie, who had told me the day before that she was going to bring me a surprise, and we had been discussing things I missed and I mentioned the food and we talked about how there weren't Oreos in France. After class she came up to me and asked if I got it and told me that a friend of hers went to Mexico and brought her back Oreos, which is where they came from. It was so sweet of her to think of me.

My Hist-Geo teacher didn't show up, so I only really had class until 10am. I spent the hour after that in étude (study hall) writing letters and the next hour sitting with a group of my friends. I do a LOT of sitting around with people outside the school.