Monday, December 20, 2004

Ocean's 12

This afternoon I planned to get together with a couple other exchange students to see a movie. I told a bunch of my French friends to call me so we could get together, but I still don't feel confident enough with them to call them up myself and plan things. Anyway, at 2ish I got a ride into town with my host dad and headed towards Bonlieu to meet up with Eric and Maite. When I was walking up the steps I saw two of my friends from school, which was a nice way to start my day. I didn't really talk to them for long though, because I had people waiting for me. When I got together with Maite and Eric we headed for Rue Carnot, Maite went into a shop to buy a new backpack after the three of us attempted to get money from an ATM (and each failed to extract anything more than 20€). I went on ahead to the mall, Courier, to go to H&M and buy tights for Christmas. I got up to H&M and noticed amid the huge crowds of people, three girls talking, two of which are very close friends of mine. I went up and kissed them and talked to them for a bit and then one of them left to catch a train to Lyon. As I was talking to the others two more friends of mine bounded out of Courier and engulfed us in hugs. The initial two left and I talked to the others for a bit and found out they were also going to to same movie as me. So at 4:45 I sat in the movie theater with Colombe and Claire on one side and Maite and Eric on the other, which was very exciting for me. I really love all the friends I've made here, and I can't wait to get closer to them when we can properly communicate. The movie was Ocean's 12, and I THINK it was good, but I honestly don't know. This wasn't like The Polar Express, its a lot more intricate and pretty much everything was really over my head. I need to see in in English. So who is the 12th person? Julia Roberts? Catherine Zeta-Jones? And was the rich guy who went out with a billion different women and lived on Lake Como and did all the dance moves to get over the lazars on Ocean's side or not? I think he wasn't, but I could be wrong.