Friday, December 10, 2004

Le Pole Express

The past few days have been fairly busy. After school Wednesday I went with Molly, Maite, and Zara out to lunch and afterwards we went and saw (at Molly's insistance) "Le Pole Express" (The Polar Express). I loved it (Molly turned out being disappointed with it). I thought it was great, filled me with the Christmas Spirit. And also it was great because I actually understood a lot of the dialogue. They talk simply enought that I got it. Maybe if I saw it in English it'd be corny, I'm not sure, but in French it was wonderful. After that I went to Zara's. We made a ton of vegemite sandwiches and she practiced her presentation to me. That night we went to the maison de Rotary and Zara gave her presentation of Australia to the Rotarians, her host families, and all her exchange student friends. She did so well! I hope mine is as good as hers, she even did a kookaburra call. Very impressive. Yesterday was a normal Thursday at school, Thursday is the longest day of the week, I'm done at either 4:30 or 5:30, so I'm always exhausted by the end and then I need to go to gospel. After school Zara and I met up (shes in the same gospel choir, so we always wait for gospel to start together) and went to a bar and played pool. I'm terrible. Zara had all of her balls but one in and I hadn't sunk any of mine (I did make an excellent shot and hit one of her balls in for her though), as she tried to get the last ball in she sunk the black ball (not an 8 ball, these ones don't have numbers) and so I won! After that she made a video with her digital camera of me attempting to sink the rest of my balls. I made one amazing shot, and then she realized she hadn't been recording, once she did record I couldn't hit anything. C'est la vie. No school today, me and the other exchange students get a day off while our class goes to a college fair-like thing in Grenoble. I needed this day off, I finally had time to write most of my Christmas cards and wrap things. Tonight is the Rotary Christmas party. It'll be nice, all the exchange students in the four Annecy clubs and the Chamonix club will be meeting at the Annecy maison de rotary.