Monday, February 21, 2005

Vacances

Not much new, I've had a pretty mundane week of vacation. Last week I went snowboarding once with Eric the Canadian at La Clusaz, one of the closest ski resorts. We had a great time, there was tons of fresh powder. I spent some time at his house as well. Other than that I've been sitting around watching tv, doing nothing exciting. On Sunday I went with my skiclub to Le Plagne, one of the biggest ski resorts in France. There was some sort of huge Playstation/SFR festival there too, so there were big ski jumps with people flipping on skis and snowboards and trampolines with people flipping (also on skis and snowboards) and all sorts off stalls and free prizes. I was kinda standing around, mesmorized by the ski jumpers and a woman came up to me with a bag and started talking. I couldn't hear her cause I had my hat over my ears. Subsequently I was all "huh? what?" (in French)and she figured out that I was foreign. Eventually I realized she was asking if I wanted to win a prize from funradio. The question was to name a dj for the radio station, and I couldn't, but because I was foreign she gave me the prize anyway- a new ski hat, with "funradio" on the front. Yes!
Today I walked around Annecy for a while with Molly and her brother, who is at school in Ireland this year. The two of them met in Paris and then he came down here for a few days. It was really nice to meet him, she's so lucky he's here.