Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Pas de Troisième Famille...

I just got an email telling me that I'm not going to be changing to a third family, and I'm dissapointed. A kid came back from Canada, and so I can't go live at his house, and the woman in charge couldn't find another place for me, so subsequently, I'm staying where I am for the next five months. I'm lucky that I do LIKE my host family, and I have no problems at all with them. But I had thought from the beginning that I would have a third family, and now I feel a little cheated out of that experience. Life goes on.

Tonight I'm going to do the "descent en flambeau" with my skiclub. At 8pm we'll all ski/snowboard down the mountain at Le Grand Bornand (45 min from here) in a line, holding lit torches. Afterwards we all go out to eat tartiflette and have a little party. Its going to be a great experience, and such a cool thing to say I've done.

Also, I clearly had a little extra time on my hands and changed my blog around a bit. I'm not finished, I know the picture is too big and I'm going to try to shrink it or something, and there are other little things I need to change, but I'm not doing that today. It took me quite a while to edit the template I used to fit what I wanted. Anyway, please give me your feedback about what you think I should keep/change. Thanks!