Tuesday, December 14, 2004

4 more days of school...

Not much new happening, just going to school, coming home, watching TV and sleeping, not really much different than I'd do in the US except the langauge is hard to understand and I have different friends. Today I had some time to kill before I caught my bus so I went to FNAC and bought a French workbook for French kids in grade CE2, which is the class for kids ages 8-9. When French kids are younger they learn a lot about grammar, conjugation, etc, so the book is really helpful. I can actually do pretty well with it, and it has an answer key for me to check. I really have felt my French comprehension improving recently, its still not fantastic, but I've noticed that I've come such a long way. I hate talking about my progress in French because that sort of thing is just so difficult to put in words.

Only four days till break! Saturday afternoon we are going to Lyon for lunch and to check out a school that Marion may go to. I don't know how interesting it'll be, but it'll be nice to see a new city. For Christmas I am going with my host family to Saumur, a town seven hours away on the other side of the country. I hate roadtrips, so I'm not excited for that, but its only for a few days, I'm sure I'll survive!