Monday, June 06, 2005

Today I looked out my classroom window and saw Anne-Sophie, the daughter of my first host family who was in Sioux Falls, SD this year. She came back yesterday, and there she was, outside of my school, surrounded by her friends. She and I lived together for the first week of my exchange, when neither of us could talk the other's language very well (or in my place, at all). When she was in South Dakota, we'd talk every now and then online, just to see how the other was doing. As soon as the bell rang I raced out of the class and out to see her. We grabbed each other and kissed each others cheeks and started talking in two languages at once. It was really exciting, she looks great, and she seemed so happy to see her friends. She wanted to show me all her pictures but I had to go home for lunch. I think we're going to try and get together sometime in the next few weeks to gossip over our experiences.

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. And I'm a little upset, because I realized that the ES classes are going to school in the afternoon, and mine is going in the morning. Now I won't be able to properly say goodbye to everyone in the other classes. I'm sure I'll run into people in town, but its a little disappointing.

BUT I'm going to the Festival de l'Animation tomorrow. And that will be fun, I know!