Monday, January 31, 2005

I heart Nutella

I ate far too much Nutella yesterday. Nutella is the most delicious substance on earth and the nightmare of all female exchange students to Europe. Its chocolatey goodness that has billions of calories (anyone know how many? I don't, its not labeled on the jar). My first family had no Nutella in the house, and this one has several jars. I love it to death. I've had to limit myself to eating Nutella only one day of the week, usually I'll just have a little on some brioche for breakfast saturday morning, but yesterday, Sunday, I not only had it for breakfast, but twice later in the day. My host dad made crepes, and its impossible to abstain from eating crepes when they are in the house. And then there was that jar of Nutella...well, as long as I'm not doing that all the time its ok. Right?

This week is sort of like finals week in the US (only we still have over a month left of the trimester) the kids have hours of test Thursday through Saturday. Last time I just took the English test, but this time I've decided/been pressure into it by my friends that I should take the math and science tests as well. So I'm beginning to (gasp!) study a bit for those tests. I've also been finding more time here and there to study French grammar and all. When I'm writing my grammar isn't half bad, but when I talk all the words/tenses/etc jumble up and spill out. Though people keep telling me how great I've been doing, and I'm really beginning to feel progress, it's still not fantastic.