Wednesday, June 01, 2005

This week has been pretty laid back, normal. EXCEPT that it is my last full week in school here, which makes it a little sad. Everyone else is super excited to get out of school (even if it means they'll be at home studying for the Bac) but for me its depressing. It means this is the end. I had my mom order a French flag online (I couldn't find one in France) and on Monday, I brought it to school to have my friends start signing it. At first my mom bought a flag that was 3x4 feet, and I told her that was too small. Then, when my big 5x4 foot flag came I realized maybe it was too big. Now I'm glad I asked for the big one, I had no idea how much my friends would write. About half of the things say "I'm glad to have met you, hope to see you again" but the other half amaze me. Some of these people really know me... and the things they say are so sweet. I've realized that I don't have enough space for them to write just on the white and red, so now I need to find a pen that'll write over the dark blue.

The sun is shining, I have no school this afternoon, and I think I'm going to go in the pool!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! And Happy Birthday to Philippe (my host dad) too!